Monday, December 1, 2008

Soccer Season Comes to an End

This year we felt that it was important to expose Matthew to as many different sports as we could, and then we would let him chose which ones he wants to pursue as he gets older. Matthew did swimming, t-ball and soccer. I never thought that I would say that I am a soccer fan, but Matthew had the best time.... We didn't even mind the rain! I do have to say that watching 4-5 year-olds play soccer might be the funniest thing I have ever seen. At half time, they switch which way the teams are going and switch goals. The kids would get so confused, half the time they would kick the wrong way. I must say, that all season long, Matthew only scored 1 goal for the other team. Not bad. I think the parents had as much fun laughing as the kids did playing. We can't wait for next year!!!





2 comments:

de familie Verkerk said...

what, no hockey!? ;-)

noell said...

I love watching the little ones play soccer. It's so much fun! I'm glad he's enjoying himself. Hope all is well with you all!